Lowfat Creole Chicken
courtesy of Chet's Crock
3 pounds thighs, skinned
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomatoes
1/2 tsp. paprika
Louisiana hot sauce to taste
1 cup celery diced
1 green bell pepper sliced
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. favorite Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups favorite rice, cooked
Place chicken in bottom of slow-cooker. Combine remaining ingredients (except rice) and add to slow-cooker. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours. Cook rice according to package direction. Spoon Creole mixture over hot cooked rice.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.