Lowfat Creole Chicken
courtesy of Chet's Crock
3 pounds thighs, skinned
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomatoes
1/2 tsp. paprika
Louisiana hot sauce to taste
1 cup celery diced
1 green bell pepper sliced
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. favorite Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups favorite rice, cooked
Place chicken in bottom of slow-cooker. Combine remaining ingredients (except rice) and add to slow-cooker. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours. Cook rice according to package direction. Spoon Creole mixture over hot cooked rice.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator