Lowfat Creole Chicken
courtesy of Chet's Crock
3 pounds thighs, skinned
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomatoes
1/2 tsp. paprika
Louisiana hot sauce to taste
1 cup celery diced
1 green bell pepper sliced
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. favorite Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups favorite rice, cooked
Place chicken in bottom of slow-cooker. Combine remaining ingredients (except rice) and add to slow-cooker. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours. Cook rice according to package direction. Spoon Creole mixture over hot cooked rice.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips