Lowfat Creole Chicken
courtesy of Chet's Crock
3 pounds thighs, skinned
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomatoes
1/2 tsp. paprika
Louisiana hot sauce to taste
1 cup celery diced
1 green bell pepper sliced
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. favorite Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups favorite rice, cooked
Place chicken in bottom of slow-cooker. Combine remaining ingredients (except rice) and add to slow-cooker. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours. Cook rice according to package direction. Spoon Creole mixture over hot cooked rice.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator