My Story: Resealable Bags
contributed by Elohisa
I use resealable bags of different sizes to pack my clothes when travelling. This way, I can find what I need without making a mess inside my suitcase, and the security people don't have difficulty "searching" for the weapons I am not carrying. I have even been complimented once or twice. I must add that I press the air out of the bags and I can store volumes of things this way.
I decided to use resealable bags of appropriate size (in this case two gallon) in an "under the bed" container where I throw all my dark pantyhose, long johns, bras and slips. This used to become a dark jungle when I was looking for something. Not any more. Now my things are inside labeled resealable bags.
Suddenly, a thought came to me. I can put a 1.5-gallon bag inside hanging files instead of manila folders. By doing this, I can get my papers faster when I am looking for something. It works great. I can see what I need faster and retrieve it without having the rest of the manila folder contents spread all over every time I open it.
I save the bags that newspapers come in and use them to put shoe(s) in them. They are thin enough for a pair of sandals or nice dressy heels. During the winter, the bag acts as a shoe sock to one big shoe
I save the plastic covers that come with new blankets, down comforters, etc. and use them to store other items. I especially like the fact that they have a zipper.
I am messy, and this has really made a big difference.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money, please send it by mailto:MyStory@stretcher.com
Take the Next Step
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Organization Tips to Save Time and Money" board today!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Rent a garden plot
- Renewing bathroom sinks
- Homemade dishwasher detergent
- Cheap sofa reupholstery
- Free landscape borders Slideshow
- Homemade floor cleaners
- 5 ways to prepare your garden for spring
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?