Creole Steak Strips
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup seasoned tomato juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 medium green pepper, chopped
10 ounce package frozen okra (or 1 1/2 c. fresh)
2 1/2 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
carrot curls (opt.)
Cut steak into strips, about 1/2" wide and 2" long. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot with onion, celery, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Turn control to High. Add green pepper and partially thawed okra and mushrooms. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes until okra is done. Garnish with carrot curls, if desired.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- 9 homemade toys for toddlers and preschool boys
- 10 steps to help your college student avoid scholarship scams
- What is the best type of life insurance for new parents?
- How to assemble affordable emergency supplies
- Don't penny pinch the romance out of your marriage
- 5 steps to raising a money-savvy teen
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator