Creole Steak Strips
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup seasoned tomato juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 medium green pepper, chopped
10 ounce package frozen okra (or 1 1/2 c. fresh)
2 1/2 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
carrot curls (opt.)
Cut steak into strips, about 1/2" wide and 2" long. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot with onion, celery, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Turn control to High. Add green pepper and partially thawed okra and mushrooms. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes until okra is done. Garnish with carrot curls, if desired.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator