Creole Steak Strips
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup seasoned tomato juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 medium green pepper, chopped
10 ounce package frozen okra (or 1 1/2 c. fresh)
2 1/2 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
carrot curls (opt.)
Cut steak into strips, about 1/2" wide and 2" long. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot with onion, celery, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Turn control to High. Add green pepper and partially thawed okra and mushrooms. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes until okra is done. Garnish with carrot curls, if desired.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator