Creole Steak Strips
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup seasoned tomato juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 medium green pepper, chopped
10 ounce package frozen okra (or 1 1/2 c. fresh)
2 1/2 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
carrot curls (opt.)
Cut steak into strips, about 1/2" wide and 2" long. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot with onion, celery, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Turn control to High. Add green pepper and partially thawed okra and mushrooms. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes until okra is done. Garnish with carrot curls, if desired.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Sharing a house with another family
- Buying the best backpack for your back and your budget
- 5 fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- What's it like selling Avon products?