Music to Their Ears
by Michael Webb
Does the love of your life ever travel without you, either on business or to visit his or her family? Do you ever wonder if they think of you and miss you when they are away? Here's a way you can guarantee they will think of you and the only cost is the price of one or two blank cassette tapes.
If you want someone to think of you, I can think of no better way than to put your voice on tape. Most of us don't feel comfortable just talking into a microphone without knowing what we are going to say. I suggest reading a book.
Books on tape have become increasingly popular the last few years as people who like to read find they can no longer find the time or they listen to tapes as a productive way to fill up their commuting time.
What you record depends on the tastes of your significant other. My wife would love it if I read Winnie the Pooh or Peter Rabbit on tape. Others may prefer Shakespeare, Kipling, Stephen Covey or Gary Smalley.
If you want to be really creative, you could write your own story to read or you could take an existing story and change the names and other details of the book to closely match your life. Just make certain the story has a happy ending.
Once you have recorded the tape, you must decide how you are going to give it to the person for whom you made it. You can mail it in advance to where they will be staying. You can place it in their suitcase or briefcase. If they will be driving, you can pop it in the tape player of the car so it will come on automatically when they start the car. If they will not be in a car, you will need to provide a tape player as well. It will be music to their ears.
Michael Webb is the founder of TheRomantic.com and the best-selling author of The Romantic's Guide and 7 other books.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator