courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup catsup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 (1 lb. 15 oz) cans Bush's original baked beans
1 16-oz can light kidney beans
1 box frozen baby limas
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
In skillet, brown beef, bacon and onion. Drain and place in slow cooker. Cook baby limas for 8 minutes; add along with remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 4 and up to 9 hours.
If you prefer butter beans to the baby limas, it is okay to substitute. Use a 1-pound can. Also, drain all beans except the Bush's baked beans before adding to the slow cooker.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Worst 6 products to buy in May if you want a bargain
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- The high cost of convenience
- How credit cards can reduce the cost of traveling
- Keep your leather boots looking good year after year Readers' Solutions