courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup catsup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 (1 lb. 15 oz) cans Bush's original baked beans
1 16-oz can light kidney beans
1 box frozen baby limas
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
In skillet, brown beef, bacon and onion. Drain and place in slow cooker. Cook baby limas for 8 minutes; add along with remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 4 and up to 9 hours.
If you prefer butter beans to the baby limas, it is okay to substitute. Use a 1-pound can. Also, drain all beans except the Bush's baked beans before adding to the slow cooker.
Also In This Week's Issue
- Finding great gift cards this season
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Frugal winter vacation destinations to beat the cold
- 5 celebrity scholarships you can use for college
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free household tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free twice weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher Tips.