courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup catsup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 (1 lb. 15 oz) cans Bush's original baked beans
1 16-oz can light kidney beans
1 box frozen baby limas
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
In skillet, brown beef, bacon and onion. Drain and place in slow cooker. Cook baby limas for 8 minutes; add along with remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 4 and up to 9 hours.
If you prefer butter beans to the baby limas, it is okay to substitute. Use a 1-pound can. Also, drain all beans except the Bush's baked beans before adding to the slow cooker.
Prices keep rising while my income remains stagnant and I worry I am heading for debt trouble. Tell us: Yes, I think I am heading for debt trouble and could use some help! or No, I am not in debt trouble but I am always looking for new ways to help keep my budget on track!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Why you might want to become a housesitter
- How to be a vegetarian or vegan on a budget
- Be stylish for less using online clothing resale shops
- This week's Readers' Tips