slow cooker recipes
Admiral's Spanish Rice
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 pounds lean ground chuck
2 medium onions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup rice (not Minute Rice)
Brown beef in skillet and drain off fat. Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours. (High: 3 hours).
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- $10 for peace of mind for your family
- How not to fight about money
- When you just don't have money to feed your family
- What every stay-at-home mom should know about her financial future
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator