slow cooker recipes
Admiral's Spanish Rice
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 pounds lean ground chuck
2 medium onions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup rice (not Minute Rice)
Brown beef in skillet and drain off fat. Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours. (High: 3 hours).
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.