Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
courtesy of Chet's Crock
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" strips
4-5 mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, sliced into 1/2" pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. grated gingerroot
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 (8 oz) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
1/2 cup cashews, toasted
1/2 cup Chinese pea pods
2 Tbs. cornstarch
3 Tbs. water
Place chicken and mushrooms in a slow cooker. Add green onions, soy sauce, ginger, broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours. Add bamboo shoots, cashews and pea pods. Turn control to HIGH. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into chicken mixture in cooker. Cover and cook on high 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring at least once. Serve over cooked rice.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- 3 fun party ideas your nearly teen will love
- Creative kids' rooms on a budget
- 18th birthday party ideas
- Care package ideas for your college student
- Cleaning stuffed anilmals
- How do single successful work-at-home moms do it?
- Making baby homemade food
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in August
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator