Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
courtesy of Chet's Crock
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" strips
4-5 mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, sliced into 1/2" pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. grated gingerroot
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 (8 oz) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
1/2 cup cashews, toasted
1/2 cup Chinese pea pods
2 Tbs. cornstarch
3 Tbs. water
Place chicken and mushrooms in a slow cooker. Add green onions, soy sauce, ginger, broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours. Add bamboo shoots, cashews and pea pods. Turn control to HIGH. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into chicken mixture in cooker. Cover and cook on high 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring at least once. Serve over cooked rice.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator