courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '92 Ford Taurus that is over-heating. I've fixed a blown head gasket, put in a new water pump, and I've even removed the thermostat. Still, it gets hot and back flushes out of water reservoir. Any help would be appreciated.
You have an air pocket. You most likely need to bleed the system.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- Tricks to painting interior trim
- Affordable chimney care
- Do-it-yourself brick walkways
- The pros and cons of having a homeowners association
- 5 places to find free firewood
- Homemade detergent for HE washing machines
- 5 best budget decorating tips under $20
- How to make garden stones
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?