Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 lbs. baking potatoes with peel, 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs. butter, 1/8-inch pieces
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 to 1 cup milk
Place all ingredients, except milk, in slow-cooker; toss to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Add milk to slow-cooker. Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator