Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 lbs. baking potatoes with peel, 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs. butter, 1/8-inch pieces
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 to 1 cup milk
Place all ingredients, except milk, in slow-cooker; toss to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Add milk to slow-cooker. Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator