Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 lbs. baking potatoes with peel, 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs. butter, 1/8-inch pieces
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 to 1 cup milk
Place all ingredients, except milk, in slow-cooker; toss to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Add milk to slow-cooker. Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Using coupons at The Dollar Tree
- Talking to aging parents about finances Expert Interview
- Baby toys you can make
- How to reduce the cost of lunchmeat
- 5 tips for working at home with kids
- 6 ways to control your back-to-school spending
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator