Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 lbs. baking potatoes with peel, 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs. butter, 1/8-inch pieces
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 to 1 cup milk
Place all ingredients, except milk, in slow-cooker; toss to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Add milk to slow-cooker. Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- The value of a stay-at-home parent Slideshow
- Throwing a successful child's birthday party
- The one month budget squeeze
- 10 things teens need to know about money
- Making school lunch healthy and affordable
- 7 steps to becoming a stay-st-home parent
- Getting adult children still living at home to contribute
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in September
- Teen texting-while-driving cost: No LOL
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator