courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
We are having a problem with our '98 Passport. It usually happens at night when we have the headlights and radio on. The brake light and battery light will blink on as if there is trouble, and as you push the power window button, the headlights dim. We suspect an alternator or battery problem. The alternator looks difficult to remove to have tested. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I think your assessment is correct. It sounds like an alternator issue. If the battery is easier to remove, have that checked and load tested first. If it tests okay, then I think the alternator might need to be replaced.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?