courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
A Winter Emergency Kit
Homemade Window De-Icer
My windshield liquid is frozen. The liquid can't come out and wash the windshield. What can I do? Thanks for your help.
Other than wait for it to thaw out, there is not much else. You can try some hot water techniques, but those could cause more problems than they save. If the windshield is completely unsafe, then you can use simple household window cleaning solution. Then, drive the car. Unless it is extremely cold, say less than 20 degrees, the heat from the engine should thaw out the washer bottle. Then, I suggest you stop off at an auto parts store and purchase some quality washer fluid. They make some that are good to -50 degrees.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Protect yourself from buying a lemon of a home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?