courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
A Winter Emergency Kit
Homemade Window De-Icer
My windshield liquid is frozen. The liquid can't come out and wash the windshield. What can I do? Thanks for your help.
Other than wait for it to thaw out, there is not much else. You can try some hot water techniques, but those could cause more problems than they save. If the windshield is completely unsafe, then you can use simple household window cleaning solution. Then, drive the car. Unless it is extremely cold, say less than 20 degrees, the heat from the engine should thaw out the washer bottle. Then, I suggest you stop off at an auto parts store and purchase some quality washer fluid. They make some that are good to -50 degrees.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?