Readers Respond: Recycling Soap Scraps
Recycling "Gray" Water
A Little of This or That
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
The Original Purpose
It seems like a waste of effort to use soap for other than it was intended. Just press the wet soap sliver onto the new bar of soap and let it dry overnight. The next morning use the bar like normal. I have been doing this for years and never have soap slivers collecting in a container because they are used for their original purpose as soon as they are made.
Excerpt from the book Trash Talk, written by Dave and Lillian Brummet (ISBN#141372518X). The book offers useful tips to reduce waste by taking action as consumers for better use of our material resources. A guide for anyone concerned about his or her impact on the environment.
Discuss "Soap Scraps" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?