Readers Respond: Recycling Soap Scraps
Recycling "Gray" Water
A Little of This or That
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
The Original Purpose
It seems like a waste of effort to use soap for other than it was intended. Just press the wet soap sliver onto the new bar of soap and let it dry overnight. The next morning use the bar like normal. I have been doing this for years and never have soap slivers collecting in a container because they are used for their original purpose as soon as they are made.
Excerpt from the book Trash Talk, written by Dave and Lillian Brummet (ISBN#141372518X). The book offers useful tips to reduce waste by taking action as consumers for better use of our material resources. A guide for anyone concerned about his or her impact on the environment.
Discuss "Soap Scraps" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?