Readers Respond: Recycling Soap Scraps
Recycling "Gray" Water
A Little of This or That
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
The Original Purpose
It seems like a waste of effort to use soap for other than it was intended. Just press the wet soap sliver onto the new bar of soap and let it dry overnight. The next morning use the bar like normal. I have been doing this for years and never have soap slivers collecting in a container because they are used for their original purpose as soon as they are made.
Excerpt from the book Trash Talk, written by Dave and Lillian Brummet (ISBN#141372518X). The book offers useful tips to reduce waste by taking action as consumers for better use of our material resources. A guide for anyone concerned about his or her impact on the environment.
Discuss "Soap Scraps" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Also in Home
- How to save energy by monitoring usage Giveaway
- Controlling a messy closet for less!
- How to find the best washing machine for your family
- Reduce your water bills with rain barrels
- Is hanging wallpaper a DIY job?
- Selling your home online
- Creative kids' rooms on a budget
- Natural care of fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?