Breakfast from the Slow Cooker
contributed by Chet's Crock
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes
All-Day Slow Cooker Recipes
Hearty Family Breakfasts
Penney's Slow Cooker Oatmeal
2 cups milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Grease the inside of the crockpot. Put ingredients inside crockpot and mix with wire whisk. Cover just before going to bed and turn on low. It will be ready in the morning.
Hot and Spicy Pecans
1/4 cup butter (4 oz) cut in pieces
6 cups pecans
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Place cut up butter in slow-cooker and heat, uncovered, on HIGH until melted (15 to 20 minutes). Add pecans and stir to coat. Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes. Uncover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 hours longer, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the seasonings and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months. Serve at room temperature or warm.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
7 cups applesauce, unsweetened
2 cups apple cider
1 1/2 cups honey
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp Allspice
In a slow-cooker, mix all ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 14 to 15 hours, or until the mixture is deep brown. Pack while hot into 4 hot pint jars. Process in hot-water bath for 10 minutes, counting the time after the jars have been immersed and the water comes again to a rolling boil. (Or to keep, you could freeze the jars.) Makes 4 pints.
Fabulous slow cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Take the Next Step
- Check out some great deals on Slow Cookers
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator