Chinese Beef and Pea Pods
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 lb. flank steak
10 1/2-oz can beef consommé
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 bunch green onion, sliced
2 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. cold water
7-oz frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
Thinly slice flank steak diagonally across the grain. Combine strips in your crockpot with consommé, soy sauce, ginger and onions. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. Turn control to high. Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in the cold water. Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Drop in pea pods the last 5 minutes. Serve over hot rice.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Affordable ways to enjoy national parks
- Make your own baby food
- Save money living with your grown up kids or parents
- How to write a will that will protect your heirs
- Build a backyard play area on a budget
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator