Slow Simmered Spaghetti Sauce
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
4 14.5-ounce cans of Italian style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 12-ounce can tomato paste
2 tsp dried basil - up to 3
2 tsp dried oregano - up to 3
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
Combine all ingredients in a four-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on HIGH for six hours. Serve over spaghetti, chicken, or pork. Makes 2 1/2 quarts.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator