Slow Simmered Spaghetti Sauce
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
4 14.5-ounce cans of Italian style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 12-ounce can tomato paste
2 tsp dried basil - up to 3
2 tsp dried oregano - up to 3
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
Combine all ingredients in a four-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on HIGH for six hours. Serve over spaghetti, chicken, or pork. Makes 2 1/2 quarts.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator