Slow Simmered Spaghetti Sauce
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
4 14.5-ounce cans of Italian style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 12-ounce can tomato paste
2 tsp dried basil - up to 3
2 tsp dried oregano - up to 3
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
Combine all ingredients in a four-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on HIGH for six hours. Serve over spaghetti, chicken, or pork. Makes 2 1/2 quarts.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also in Family
- 9 ways to avoid marital money problems
- 6 child-safety errors parents make in cars
- Grocery items you can find on sale in March
- Properly defined dependents can pay off at tax time
- How to rein in a spending spouse
- Gift ideas for teen girls
- 4 free apps that help you save