Fabulous French Onion Soup
courtesy of Chet's Crock
This one's a sure hit, even with those not wild about onions. It smells awesome as it cooks in the crockpot all day. This has become a real favorite for us.
6 large onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter
60 to 65 ounces condensed beef broth (undiluted)
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 bay leaves
10 slices French bread, toasted
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until crisp-tender. Transfer to an ungreased 5 quart (or larger) slow cooker. (I only had a 4-quart, so made the leftover soup in a regular stovetop pot.) Add broth, Worcestershire, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until the onions are tender. Discard the bay leaves. Top each serving with French bread and cheeses.
Fabulous crockpot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Choosing the right childcare
- Could your teen become a millionaire? Video
- How to start a babysitting service
- Taming the savage 'to do' list
- Saving preschoolers from consumerism
- Prepare your troop to leave the coop
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator