Fabulous French Onion Soup
courtesy of Chet's Crock
This one's a sure hit, even with those not wild about onions. It smells awesome as it cooks in the crockpot all day. This has become a real favorite for us.
6 large onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter
60 to 65 ounces condensed beef broth (undiluted)
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 bay leaves
10 slices French bread, toasted
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until crisp-tender. Transfer to an ungreased 5 quart (or larger) slow cooker. (I only had a 4-quart, so made the leftover soup in a regular stovetop pot.) Add broth, Worcestershire, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until the onions are tender. Discard the bay leaves. Top each serving with French bread and cheeses.
Fabulous crockpot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator