courtesy of Chet's Crock
Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
For an elegant dessert, place each pear upright on a pretty dessert plate. Spoon the sauce around the pear, and sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts or coconut. Spoon a big dollop of soft whipped cream alongside the pear, and garnish the plate with a twisted orange slice.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 Tbs. butter, melted
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. orange juice
Peel pears. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems attached. Place pears upright in your slow cooker.
Mix remaining ingredients except cornstarch and orange juice; pour over pears. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
Remove pears from cooker; place upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
Mix cornstarch and orange juice; stir into sauce in cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over pears. Makes 6 servings
For a honey of a pear, use 1/4-cup honey instead of the maple syrup for a sweet change of pace.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator