courtesy of Chet's Crock
Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
For an elegant dessert, place each pear upright on a pretty dessert plate. Spoon the sauce around the pear, and sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts or coconut. Spoon a big dollop of soft whipped cream alongside the pear, and garnish the plate with a twisted orange slice.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 Tbs. butter, melted
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. orange juice
Peel pears. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems attached. Place pears upright in your slow cooker.
Mix remaining ingredients except cornstarch and orange juice; pour over pears. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
Remove pears from cooker; place upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
Mix cornstarch and orange juice; stir into sauce in cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over pears. Makes 6 servings
For a honey of a pear, use 1/4-cup honey instead of the maple syrup for a sweet change of pace.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator