courtesy of Chet's Crock
Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
For an elegant dessert, place each pear upright on a pretty dessert plate. Spoon the sauce around the pear, and sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts or coconut. Spoon a big dollop of soft whipped cream alongside the pear, and garnish the plate with a twisted orange slice.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 Tbs. butter, melted
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. orange juice
Peel pears. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems attached. Place pears upright in your slow cooker.
Mix remaining ingredients except cornstarch and orange juice; pour over pears. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
Remove pears from cooker; place upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
Mix cornstarch and orange juice; stir into sauce in cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over pears. Makes 6 servings
For a honey of a pear, use 1/4-cup honey instead of the maple syrup for a sweet change of pace.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator