A Slow Water Leak
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I've noticed an antifreeze (looks clean) leak dripping on the ground under the center of the vehicle where the frame is just in front of the oil pan. It seems to leak intermittently, especially when the engine is cold. I don't see any hoses leaking and it's too far back for it to be the radiator. I don't know if it's a freeze plug, the water pump, or the thermostat. Do you have any idea what I should look for?
My guess is that the leak is from the water pump. If you follow the drip up, you should be able to trace the leak or at least get a better indication of where it is coming from. However, slow drips from the water pump shaft seal are not uncommon.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?