A Slow Water Leak
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I've noticed an antifreeze (looks clean) leak dripping on the ground under the center of the vehicle where the frame is just in front of the oil pan. It seems to leak intermittently, especially when the engine is cold. I don't see any hoses leaking and it's too far back for it to be the radiator. I don't know if it's a freeze plug, the water pump, or the thermostat. Do you have any idea what I should look for?
My guess is that the leak is from the water pump. If you follow the drip up, you should be able to trace the leak or at least get a better indication of where it is coming from. However, slow drips from the water pump shaft seal are not uncommon.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?