Readers Repsond: Decorating Teen Rooms on the Cheap
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Solving a Shelving Need
My teen son was in desparate need of more shelving in his room to hold books, CDs, stereo equipment, a small TV, lava lamp, and all the assorted stuff he collects. Tall, deep, and sturdy bookcases can be very expensive! We went to a local home/hardware store and bought heavy duty metal shelving units, the kind usually used in garages, for $35 each. They were powder-coated a nice blue-gray. After assembling them, securing them to the wall, and adding all of his stuff, they looked really great. He loved them because they looked "high tech."
Take the Next Step
- Take control of your finances. Subscribe to our weekly "Surviving Tough Times" newsletter. This free html newsletter will provide ways to survive in this challenging economy. Each issue features nine articles to help you stretch your dollar!
Discuss "Teen's Rooms" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also in Home
- How to build a contemporary outdoor fireplace
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Tips for taking in a renter
- How little things can make your décor pop
- Building a winter green house
- A natural approach to eliminating pet odors
- Cost-effective solutions to rid your home of black snakes
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?