Readers Repsond: Decorating Teen Rooms on the Cheap
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Solving a Shelving Need
My teen son was in desparate need of more shelving in his room to hold books, CDs, stereo equipment, a small TV, lava lamp, and all the assorted stuff he collects. Tall, deep, and sturdy bookcases can be very expensive! We went to a local home/hardware store and bought heavy duty metal shelving units, the kind usually used in garages, for $35 each. They were powder-coated a nice blue-gray. After assembling them, securing them to the wall, and adding all of his stuff, they looked really great. He loved them because they looked "high tech."
Take the Next Step
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy Are You Heading for Debt Trouble? A Simple Checklist And What You Can Do About It for FREE!
Discuss "Teen's Rooms" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How we saved $34k in interest on our mortgage before closing
- Buying an insurance-friendly car
- Tips for painting a basement floor Readers' Solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?