Readers Repsond: Decorating Teen Rooms on the Cheap
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Solving a Shelving Need
My teen son was in desparate need of more shelving in his room to hold books, CDs, stereo equipment, a small TV, lava lamp, and all the assorted stuff he collects. Tall, deep, and sturdy bookcases can be very expensive! We went to a local home/hardware store and bought heavy duty metal shelving units, the kind usually used in garages, for $35 each. They were powder-coated a nice blue-gray. After assembling them, securing them to the wall, and adding all of his stuff, they looked really great. He loved them because they looked "high tech."
Take the Next Step
- Take control of your finances. Subscribe to our weekly "Surviving Tough Times" newsletter. This free html newsletter will provide ways to survive in this challenging economy. Each issue features nine articles to help you stretch your dollar!
Discuss "Teen's Rooms" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.