I am replacing old double hung windows with double paned windows, so I will need heavier weights. Do you know who manufactures heavier weights? These are large windows, so I suspect I have the heaviest weights made at that time (1908).
JL from Berkeley, CA
Old-style, one-piece cast iron counterweights have, amazingly enough, entered the 21st century with the rest of us! The Kilian Hardware Company of Philadelphia, PA carries a line of replacement, interlocking counterweights in 10, 5 and 1-pound weights, so you can balance most any window. To link directly to their counterweight page, visit www.kilianhardware.com/kilian/sascounweig.html.
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here www.naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links www.naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page www.naturalhandyman.com/friends
The Natural Handyman Site Directory
- Home Repair Articles www.naturalhandyman.com/iip
- Home Repair Links Library www.naturalhandyman.com/linkslibrary
- NH's Bookshop www.naturalhandyman.com/bookshop
- Find a handyman at www.naturalhandyman.com/network
- Win unique home repair gifts and prizes at www.naturalhandyman.com/contest
Please read the important copyright and disclaimer information is located at www.naturalhandyman.com/copyright
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?