courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 2003 Saturn Vue that seems to vibrate when I apply the brakes (even at lower speeds, but more pronounced when stopping from higher speeds). I have had the brakes checked. They changed one set of brakes, but said the other set looked fine. Do you have any idea what makes the brakes vibrate the whole car?
I would say that one or both of your rotor's are warped and either need to be machined or replaced.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Before you buy or sell a vehicle, check out Edmunds.com
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them.
- Save on Auto Insurance. Fast, free quotes, online comparisons, and instant access to ID cards!
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Money-Saving Auto Tips" board today!
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?