courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 2003 Saturn Vue that seems to vibrate when I apply the brakes (even at lower speeds, but more pronounced when stopping from higher speeds). I have had the brakes checked. They changed one set of brakes, but said the other set looked fine. Do you have any idea what makes the brakes vibrate the whole car?
I would say that one or both of your rotor's are warped and either need to be machined or replaced.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.