A Flashing Warning Brake Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'm hoping you can help shed some "light" on my brake light issue in my 2001 Honda Accord. It's been staying on even though my emergency brake is not on (I check and double check). The light will sometimes go away when I'm on the freeway. Then, it will sometimes come back on. I can't discern a pattern. I hope you can point me in the right direction before I (helplessly) take it to a mechanic.
Your brake fluid might be low. That light serves multiple purposes. One, as you are aware, is to let you know that your emergency brake or parking brake is activated. Another is a low fluid indicator.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- Downsizing to a smaller house
- How to clean a stone fireplace
- Clear out Christmas clutter
- Romantic bedrooms on a budget
- Cleaning dryer vents
- Helping a packrat get organized
- Convenient floor cleaners
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?