A Flashing Warning Brake Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'm hoping you can help shed some "light" on my brake light issue in my 2001 Honda Accord. It's been staying on even though my emergency brake is not on (I check and double check). The light will sometimes go away when I'm on the freeway. Then, it will sometimes come back on. I can't discern a pattern. I hope you can point me in the right direction before I (helplessly) take it to a mechanic.
Your brake fluid might be low. That light serves multiple purposes. One, as you are aware, is to let you know that your emergency brake or parking brake is activated. Another is a low fluid indicator.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?