A Flashing Warning Brake Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'm hoping you can help shed some "light" on my brake light issue in my 2001 Honda Accord. It's been staying on even though my emergency brake is not on (I check and double check). The light will sometimes go away when I'm on the freeway. Then, it will sometimes come back on. I can't discern a pattern. I hope you can point me in the right direction before I (helplessly) take it to a mechanic.
Your brake fluid might be low. That light serves multiple purposes. One, as you are aware, is to let you know that your emergency brake or parking brake is activated. Another is a low fluid indicator.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?