Job Search Help
by Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A.
Business Networking Pays Off
8 Job Hunting Myths
7 Ways an Employment Center Can Get You a Job
Most English speakers have heard the expression, "Two heads are better than one." The saying rings ever more true with job seekers.
Think of this. The lonely job seeker is attempting to find a job by himself or herself. The tedious job of filling out applications, composing a good resume, answering ads and pounding the pavement to find a job is enough to depress any lone job seeker.
However, teaming up with a buddy can work wonders. The pal you find does not have to be looking for the same kind of job that you are. The purpose for being pals is to:
- Provide a measure of emotional support.
- Pass on possible job leads.
- Shore up weaknesses, such as resume building.
- Combine research and resources. One person drives to an interview with their pal, and the next time, the pal drives. With this method, there's less chance of nervousness and it saves gas.
- Provides a sense of perspective and humor. It's hard to be gloomy with a partner who needs you to be upbeat.
- Each person can serve as an analyst about what is working well and what is not working so well in the job search.
- Pals can become friends after one gets a job. A good pal roots for you to stay on the job.
Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A. is a Certified Career Coach. Visit her website doitnowcareers.info or call (509) 469-3514. Coming soon! An article on her website by Kate Duttro on PROPOSALS, not resumes.
Take the Next Step
- Dont be in Denial. If you feel that your job maybe at risk, have a contingency plan.
- Take action today, so you will be better off tomorrow. For instance: Find a New Job , Get Additional Training, and Pay Off Debts.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Could social media be causing you to overspend?
- Save or pay down hospital bill? Video
- Frugal doesn't always mean getting the cheapest
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Why saving money doesn't have to be a drag any more
- How investing style changes over your lifetime
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- What to do if your credit card rate goes up
- 3 steps to rebuilding an emergency fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates