Slow Cooker Sweet/Sour Kraut with Pork Chops
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 potatoes, washed and sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 thick pork chops, trimmed
Put potatoes in slow cooker. Top with chopped onion. Combine sauerkraut with brown sugar and pineapple juice. Spoon over potatoes. Top with pork chops, which have been trimmed of fat. Season with pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve with rye bread and microwave baked apples.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- 13 ways to pull your kids away from technology this summer
- Family reunion food
- Baby toys you can make
- 9 tools for getting and staying organized
- Making ends meet as a single parent
- Kid friendly vacations on a tank of gas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator