Slow Cooker Sweet/Sour Kraut with Pork Chops
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 potatoes, washed and sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 thick pork chops, trimmed
Put potatoes in slow cooker. Top with chopped onion. Combine sauerkraut with brown sugar and pineapple juice. Spoon over potatoes. Top with pork chops, which have been trimmed of fat. Season with pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve with rye bread and microwave baked apples.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips