Slow Cooker Sweet/Sour Kraut with Pork Chops
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 potatoes, washed and sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 thick pork chops, trimmed
Put potatoes in slow cooker. Top with chopped onion. Combine sauerkraut with brown sugar and pineapple juice. Spoon over potatoes. Top with pork chops, which have been trimmed of fat. Season with pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve with rye bread and microwave baked apples.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- The value of a stay-at-home parent Slideshow
- Throwing a successful child's birthday party
- The one month budget squeeze
- 10 things teens need to know about money
- Making school lunch healthy and affordable
- 7 steps to becoming a stay-st-home parent
- Getting adult children still living at home to contribute
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in September
- Teen texting-while-driving cost: No LOL
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator