Slow Cooker Sweet/Sour Kraut with Pork Chops
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 potatoes, washed and sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 thick pork chops, trimmed
Put potatoes in slow cooker. Top with chopped onion. Combine sauerkraut with brown sugar and pineapple juice. Spoon over potatoes. Top with pork chops, which have been trimmed of fat. Season with pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve with rye bread and microwave baked apples.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator