Scrapbooking for Money
by Susie Cortright
11 Frugal Hobbies
Turning Your Hobby into Extra Income
Scrapbooking on a Budget
Wouldn't it be a dream to profit from your love of scrapbooking? Here are four of the most popular ways to earn money from your scrapbooking hobby:
1. Become a Scrapbook Consultant
Research the variety of direct sales scrapbooking companies that allow you to earn a commission on products that you sell at scrapbooking classes, crops, and other events. Some such direct sales companies have very flexible provisions that could even allow you to sign up just to get the consultant discount on your own supplies or the supplies you use in custom scrapbooks that you make for others.
2. Teach Scrapbooking Locally
Offer to teach at scrapbooking stores or community education centers. Or work with a direct sales company to offer classes in Card Making, Mini Albums, Scrapbooking 101, Rubber Stamping, About Me Scrapbooking, and more. Also consider offering classes that revolve around special events in people's lives. For example, you can help people plan baby showers and wedding showers in which guests come together to learn about scrapbooking and make a treasured memento in the process. This is an amazing way to make valuable difference in people's lives and relationships.
3. Create Custom Scrapbooks for Others
Some companies are starting to offer comprehensive kits that make this process much easier, with everything you need to create albums for others along various themes. You can charge by the page or by the hour. Sue DiFranco of Fun Facts Publishing has published an informative book on this topic titled Make Money Making Scrapbooks for Others (The Complete Guide for Creating the Career of Your Dreams!) , which is particularly helpful when trying to determine how to price your work.
4. Set up a Scrapbooking Store Online
Whether you stock your own products or become an affiliate of an existing online scrapbooking store, this is a fun way to build a career in scrapbooking no matter where you live. The overhead on starting your own store can be high. You may want to investigate the e-commerce capabilities and policies of various direct sales scrapbooking companies as well to reduce your overhead still further.
A scrapbooking business is one of the most rewarding opportunities as it allows you to help people in your community to capture and celebrate life. Enjoy discovering the opportunities for making a scrapbooking business work for you!
Susie Cortright is the founder of Momscape's Scrapbooking Playground at www.momscape.com/scrapbooking and a Team Captain for a large group of scrapbooking instructors. Find out about the opportunity she chose at www.momscape.com/business.htm.
If you enjoyed this article you might also want to check out:
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator