My Story: 5 Cheap Beauty Tips
contributed by Sabrina
Homemade Masks and Scrubs
Stock Your Bathroom on the Cheap
Spa Beauty for Pennies
Here are 5 ways that I spend less on elixers and potions.
- Make your own sugar or salt scrub by combining cane sugar or Epsom salts with olive, safflower, or sweet almond oil. Add 5 to 20 drops of essential oil like lemon, lavender, rose or any combination of oils you enjoy. Mix in a bowl, apply and enjoy baby soft skin.
- Next time you pick up avocados on sale, mash one. With a few tablespoons of honey, apply it on clean hands or face and let it soak for fifteen minutes. Rinse and feel your soft skin.
- Lipstick stubbies nagging you? A lip brush helps you extend it to the last luscious drop.
- Enjoy fragrance but hate the retail price? Online discounters like PerfumeEmporium.com, Scentiments.com and eBay carry current designer and hard-to-find discontinued favorites. Or join a makeup review and discussion site like MakeupAlley.com and swap for decants and scents.
- Here's a classic but often forgotten tip. Shave with conditioner instead of shaving cream. It softens the hair, moisturizes the skin, and does not clog the razor. However, if you love cream, buy the standard men's version. It's usually a dollar cheaper and works the same.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money please send it by email to MyStory@Stretcher.com.
Take the Next Step
- More great ways to let your radiance shine on our "Beauty on a Budget" Pinterest board
- Create Spa-Quality Products for Fun or Profit at The Handcrafter's Companion
Discuss "Brandy's Secrets to Beauty" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
If you enjoyed this article you might also want to check out:
- Homemade Lotions and Toiletries
- Fantastic Homemade Facial Masks
- Is the Price of Relaxation Stressing You Out?
- Stock Your Bathroom on the Cheap
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 6 things you shouldn't buy in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 ways to save on natural skincare
- Buy generic? Or not?
- How to throw an awesome party on the cheap