My Story: 5 Cheap Beauty Tips
contributed by Sabrina
Homemade Masks and Scrubs
Stock Your Bathroom on the Cheap
Spa Beauty for Pennies
Here are 5 ways that I spend less on elixers and potions.
- Make your own sugar or salt scrub by combining cane sugar or Epsom salts with olive, safflower, or sweet almond oil. Add 5 to 20 drops of essential oil like lemon, lavender, rose or any combination of oils you enjoy. Mix in a bowl, apply and enjoy baby soft skin.
- Next time you pick up avocados on sale, mash one. With a few tablespoons of honey, apply it on clean hands or face and let it soak for fifteen minutes. Rinse and feel your soft skin.
- Lipstick stubbies nagging you? A lip brush helps you extend it to the last luscious drop.
- Enjoy fragrance but hate the retail price? Online discounters like PerfumeEmporium.com, Scentiments.com and eBay carry current designer and hard-to-find discontinued favorites. Or join a makeup review and discussion site like MakeupAlley.com and swap for decants and scents.
- Here's a classic but often forgotten tip. Shave with conditioner instead of shaving cream. It softens the hair, moisturizes the skin, and does not clog the razor. However, if you love cream, buy the standard men's version. It's usually a dollar cheaper and works the same.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money please send it by email to MyStory@Stretcher.com.
Take the Next Step
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Beauty on a Budget" board today!
- Create Spa-Quality Products for Fun or Profit at The Handcrafter's Companion
Discuss "Brandy's Secrets to Beauty" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
If you enjoyed this article you might also want to check out:
- Homemade Lotions and Toiletries
- Fantastic Homemade Facial Masks
- Is the Price of Relaxation Stressing You Out?
- Stock Your Bathroom on the Cheap
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Using a smartphone when you're yardsaling
- 5 ways to save when dining out
- Affordable hair conditioner
- When your friend has expensive habits and tastes you can't afford
- Practically free mini vacations
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less