My Story: 5 Cheap Beauty Tips
contributed by Sabrina
Homemade Masks and Scrubs
Stock Your Bathroom on the Cheap
Spa Beauty for Pennies
Here are 5 ways that I spend less on elixers and potions.
- Make your own sugar or salt scrub by combining cane sugar or Epsom salts with olive, safflower, or sweet almond oil. Add 5 to 20 drops of essential oil like lemon, lavender, rose or any combination of oils you enjoy. Mix in a bowl, apply and enjoy baby soft skin.
- Next time you pick up avocados on sale, mash one. With a few tablespoons of honey, apply it on clean hands or face and let it soak for fifteen minutes. Rinse and feel your soft skin.
- Lipstick stubbies nagging you? A lip brush helps you extend it to the last luscious drop.
- Enjoy fragrance but hate the retail price? Online discounters like PerfumeEmporium.com, Scentiments.com and eBay carry current designer and hard-to-find discontinued favorites. Or join a makeup review and discussion site like MakeupAlley.com and swap for decants and scents.
- Here's a classic but often forgotten tip. Shave with conditioner instead of shaving cream. It softens the hair, moisturizes the skin, and does not clog the razor. However, if you love cream, buy the standard men's version. It's usually a dollar cheaper and works the same.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money please send it by email to MyStory@Stretcher.com.
Take the Next Step
- Stop forgoing your favorite beauty treatments just because you're on a tight budget. Check out the TDS Guide to Beauty on a Budget and learn the tricks to pampering yourself for pennies.
- Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day? Dollar Stretcher Tips readers think so. Subscribe and find out how many ideas stretch your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- How much is all that clutter costing you?
- 10 ways to reduce the cost of your commute
- Can you afford to quit your high stress job?
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- This week's Readers' Tips