Overdrive Off Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1997 Ford Probe SE, and sometimes while I'm driving, a blue flashing light will come on and I can tell that the car is not shifting like it should. I have found that when this light comes on if I disconnect the battery cables, it will make the light go off and the car shifts fine until the light comes back on again. Sometimes, the intervals are short and sometimes they are longer for the light to come on. Could you tell me what might be causing this light to come on and should I have it checked by my mechanic?
That light is indicating that there is a problem with the transmission. Ford uses that light in a similar fashion to the check engine light, except this light notifies the user of transmission errors.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?