Overdrive Off Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1997 Ford Probe SE, and sometimes while I'm driving, a blue flashing light will come on and I can tell that the car is not shifting like it should. I have found that when this light comes on if I disconnect the battery cables, it will make the light go off and the car shifts fine until the light comes back on again. Sometimes, the intervals are short and sometimes they are longer for the light to come on. Could you tell me what might be causing this light to come on and should I have it checked by my mechanic?
That light is indicating that there is a problem with the transmission. Ford uses that light in a similar fashion to the check engine light, except this light notifies the user of transmission errors.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Getting rid of hornets
- Does home ownership or renting make more sense in retirement? Expert Interview
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Make your decor pop with these little things
- Affordable window treatments
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?