Overdrive Off Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1997 Ford Probe SE, and sometimes while I'm driving, a blue flashing light will come on and I can tell that the car is not shifting like it should. I have found that when this light comes on if I disconnect the battery cables, it will make the light go off and the car shifts fine until the light comes back on again. Sometimes, the intervals are short and sometimes they are longer for the light to come on. Could you tell me what might be causing this light to come on and should I have it checked by my mechanic?
That light is indicating that there is a problem with the transmission. Ford uses that light in a similar fashion to the check engine light, except this light notifies the user of transmission errors.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?