Overdrive Off Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1997 Ford Probe SE, and sometimes while I'm driving, a blue flashing light will come on and I can tell that the car is not shifting like it should. I have found that when this light comes on if I disconnect the battery cables, it will make the light go off and the car shifts fine until the light comes back on again. Sometimes, the intervals are short and sometimes they are longer for the light to come on. Could you tell me what might be causing this light to come on and should I have it checked by my mechanic?
That light is indicating that there is a problem with the transmission. Ford uses that light in a similar fashion to the check engine light, except this light notifies the user of transmission errors.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive maintenance section and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?