Readers Respond: Dry Cleaning Alternatives
Washing 'Dry Clean' Clothes
Testing Dry Cleaning Kits
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Keep Your Money in Your Wallet
I wash my wool sweaters and other "dry clean only" items in cold water with Woolite detergent. I put them on the delicate setting and air-dry them. I have never had a shrinkage yet. I also do this with black items and it keeps them black much longer. If I don't have enough for a load, I just add some clothes from my normal wash piles to help fill it up.
Take the Next Step:
- Discuss "Dry Cleaning" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator