Readers Respond: Dry Cleaning Alternatives
Washing 'Dry Clean' Clothes
Testing Dry Cleaning Kits
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Keep Your Money in Your Wallet
I wash my wool sweaters and other "dry clean only" items in cold water with Woolite detergent. I put them on the delicate setting and air-dry them. I have never had a shrinkage yet. I also do this with black items and it keeps them black much longer. If I don't have enough for a load, I just add some clothes from my normal wash piles to help fill it up.
Take the Next Step:
- Discuss "Dry Cleaning" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 10 things to make travel easier
- Two homemaking routines to keep your home running smoothly
- Ways to be a better father in trying times
- Frugal holiday baking and recipes
- Teaching kids about DIY projects
- Redefining work: Financial difficulties do not have to mean mom gets a job
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator