Readers Respond: Dry Cleaning Alternatives
Washing 'Dry Clean' Clothes
Testing Dry Cleaning Kits
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Keep Your Money in Your Wallet
I wash my wool sweaters and other "dry clean only" items in cold water with Woolite detergent. I put them on the delicate setting and air-dry them. I have never had a shrinkage yet. I also do this with black items and it keeps them black much longer. If I don't have enough for a load, I just add some clothes from my normal wash piles to help fill it up.
Take the Next Step:
- Discuss "Dry Cleaning" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator