Readers Respond: Dry Cleaning Alternatives
Washing 'Dry Clean' Clothes
Testing Dry Cleaning Kits
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Keep Your Money in Your Wallet
I wash my wool sweaters and other "dry clean only" items in cold water with Woolite detergent. I put them on the delicate setting and air-dry them. I have never had a shrinkage yet. I also do this with black items and it keeps them black much longer. If I don't have enough for a load, I just add some clothes from my normal wash piles to help fill it up.
Take the Next Step:
- Discuss "Dry Cleaning" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 13 ways to pull your kids away from technology this summer
- Family reunion food
- Baby toys you can make
- 9 tools for getting and staying organized
- Making ends meet as a single parent
- Kid friendly vacations on a tank of gas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator