Readers Respond: Dry Cleaning Alternatives
Washing 'Dry Clean' Clothes
Testing Dry Cleaning Kits
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Keep Your Money in Your Wallet
I wash my wool sweaters and other "dry clean only" items in cold water with Woolite detergent. I put them on the delicate setting and air-dry them. I have never had a shrinkage yet. I also do this with black items and it keeps them black much longer. If I don't have enough for a load, I just add some clothes from my normal wash piles to help fill it up.
Take the Next Step:
- Discuss "Dry Cleaning" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator