Tired of the same old kids decorating themes?
Kids Room Redo for $25!
by Kathy Wilson
Redo your child's room for under $25! Impossible? Not with help from The Budget Decorator! Here is a step-by-step guide to decorating your child's room with easy, inexpensive ideas anyone can do in a weekend!
Pick a theme. If you want to redo a room fast and cheap, you have to have a blueprint! Whether your child loves trains, butterflies, or flowers, choose a theme to keep you on the right path.
Use paint to renew your child's room. Paint it in bright happy colors! Choose a color from your existing bedding to save.
Make a simple pair of curtains from flat sheets from the discount store. Again, use the colors from your existing bedding. If your bedding is totally unusable, make a comforter cover from two flat sheets and a little Velcro.
Craft foam! This is a wonderful product from the craft store. It looks like bright construction paper, but it's made of smooth, thin and durable foam. It cuts easily with scissors. My store sells it for 20 cents a sheet! Use the foam to cut shapes from your theme. You can even use contrasting colors to add detail with a little glue. Use your shapes as wall hangings and go big! Imagine a giant butterfly on your little girl's wall, or a train coming down the tracks! Use picture books to trace and guide your shapes.
So, let's add this up:
Sheets $6 to 12
Craft Foam Less than $5
Kids room makeover in less than $25!
Kathy Wilson is an author, columnist, and editor of The Budget Decorator. If you want more free budget decorating tips and ideas, and to sign up for her free newsletter, visit her at TheBudgetDecorator.com
Take the Next Step
- Check out Overstock.com for great deals on all of your home decorating needs!
- Visit our "Frugal Home Decorating and Remodeling" board today!
Other Websites of Interest:
Decorating Children's Rooms
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also in Home
- Cleaning the things that clean
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Buying a new furnace
- Recycling 'gray' water
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?