My Story: Too Much Toothpaste? Never!
contributed by CheyAnna
editor's note: Wonder what she's going to do with all that toothpaste?
- Polish silver coffee service or jewelry. Toothpaste will remove tarnish and give a bright shine. (Don't use on pearls or opals.)
- Fill nail holes in the wall with (white) toothpaste. This is an old college dorm trick.
- Adhere posters to walls without damaging the wall.
- Adhere bows in baby's hair (or lack thereof) with gel toothpaste. It washes out easily and does not pull out.
- Take the sting and itch out of bug bites and stings. Just dab on.
- Remove crayon from walls. Rub white toothpaste on marks with a damp cloth. Rinse cloth and remove any residue.
Clean under fingernails. Dab on nail brush or old toothbrush to get that gardening dirt or mechanic's grease out.
- Clean running shoes with white toothpaste.
- White toothpaste will give a mirror finish when grinding steel or aluminum.
- Clear up a zit. Dab on at night to heal break-outs.
- As a last resort, brush your teeth with it.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money, please send it by mailto:MyStory@stretcher.com
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Ways to reupholster a couch inexpensively
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Homemade fabric fresheners
- Surviving the water bill
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?