My Story: Too Much Toothpaste? Never!
contributed by CheyAnna
editor's note: Wonder what she's going to do with all that toothpaste?
- Polish silver coffee service or jewelry. Toothpaste will remove tarnish and give a bright shine. (Don't use on pearls or opals.)
- Fill nail holes in the wall with (white) toothpaste. This is an old college dorm trick.
- Adhere posters to walls without damaging the wall.
- Adhere bows in baby's hair (or lack thereof) with gel toothpaste. It washes out easily and does not pull out.
- Take the sting and itch out of bug bites and stings. Just dab on.
- Remove crayon from walls. Rub white toothpaste on marks with a damp cloth. Rinse cloth and remove any residue.
Clean under fingernails. Dab on nail brush or old toothbrush to get that gardening dirt or mechanic's grease out.
- Clean running shoes with white toothpaste.
- White toothpaste will give a mirror finish when grinding steel or aluminum.
- Clear up a zit. Dab on at night to heal break-outs.
- As a last resort, brush your teeth with it.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money, please send it by mailto:MyStory@stretcher.com
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Also in Home
- Tricks to painting interior trim
- Affordable chimney care
- Do-it-yourself brick walkways
- The pros and cons of having a homeowners association
- 5 places to find free firewood
- Homemade detergent for HE washing machines
- 5 best budget decorating tips under $20
- How to make garden stones
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?