courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My problem is that my 94 Saturn SL2's horn tends to stick. Instead of touching the middle of the steering wheel, I have two buttons. The upper right one works just fine, but the top left one doesn't work at all. The funny thing is that the horn only sticks (and stays on loudly) when I make sharp left hand turns or when the car is turned off and the wheel is turned to the left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Matt H from NH
It sounds like you have a short in the harness that runs up the steering column. I am not sure how that particular car is set up, but I do know on other models that the harness connects the turn signals and the horn to the rest of the car. The harness runs down the interior of the steering column and connects under the dash. It should be replaceable. I would, however, recommend getting a service manual of some sort to see if this is something you are willing to take on.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- How to save energy by monitoring usage Giveaway
- Controlling a messy closet for less!
- How to find the best washing machine for your family
- Reduce your water bills with rain barrels
- Is hanging wallpaper a DIY job?
- Selling your home online
- Creative kids' rooms on a budget
- Natural care of fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?