Ways to make a little extra money this summer
by Rachel Muller
Your Teens and Money
Put Those Teens to Work
Ways to Earn Extra Cash
Looking to earn a little extra money this summer? Does your teen want to generate some extra money, but doesn't want the commitment of a full-time summer job? Here are a few seasonal money-making ideas:
- Put an ad in the paper or put up some posters in your grocery store advertising your availability as a pet, garden, or house-sitter for people going on vacation. Ask a few friends who can vouch for your trustworthiness to be references.
- Call your local newspaper and offer to fill in as a substitute paper carrier. Newspapers are always looking for temporary carriers in the summer.
- Check with local landscape companies to see if they need temporary help or advertise your own lawn-cutting or yard maintenance services on community bulletin boards.
- In tourist areas, you might be able to run a bed and breakfast from your home in the summer, or find a temporary part-time job at a motel or campground.
- In agricultural areas, you can sign on to help out during the harvest season or at other times when temporary helpers are needed.
Keep your eyes out for the money-making opportunities unique to your community. You're bound to find something that works for you.
Take the Next Step
- Investigate a Dollar Stretcher Recommended system for building your own income producing website.
- Think about what things you like to do that could earn you extra money
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 5 features to look for in a balance transfer card
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- A widow's guide to managing money on your own
- Bank loyalty rewards you might be missing out on
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Who is giving you financial advice?
- Credit cards in a divorce
- The 7 dumbest ways to borrow money
- The 10 things you need to know about compound interest
- What does it look like when you're financially well?
- Could you subsconsciously be pushing money away?
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates