Ways to make a little extra money this summer
by Rachel Muller
Your Teens and Money
Put Those Teens to Work
Ways to Earn Extra Cash
Looking to earn a little extra money this summer? Does your teen want to generate some extra money, but doesn't want the commitment of a full-time summer job? Here are a few seasonal money-making ideas:
- Put an ad in the paper or put up some posters in your grocery store advertising your availability as a pet, garden, or house-sitter for people going on vacation. Ask a few friends who can vouch for your trustworthiness to be references.
- Call your local newspaper and offer to fill in as a substitute paper carrier. Newspapers are always looking for temporary carriers in the summer.
- Check with local landscape companies to see if they need temporary help or advertise your own lawn-cutting or yard maintenance services on community bulletin boards.
- In tourist areas, you might be able to run a bed and breakfast from your home in the summer, or find a temporary part-time job at a motel or campground.
- In agricultural areas, you can sign on to help out during the harvest season or at other times when temporary helpers are needed.
Keep your eyes out for the money-making opportunities unique to your community. You're bound to find something that works for you.
Take the Next Step
- Investigate a Dollar Stretcher Recommended system for building your own income producing website.
- Think about what things you like to do that could earn you extra money
- Subscribe to Surviving Tough Times email newsletter. Each week we'll give you practical survival tools for a challenging economy!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Master the art of haggling
- Flipping thrift store items as a business
- Video: Getting started as an entrepreneur
- Financial advice for newlyweds
- 5 financial strategies to help you take charge of your financial world
- Key choices that provide for financial security and peace of mind
- Video: Negotiate a better deal on anything
- How retailers appeal to your 5 senses to get you to spend
- 3 money beliefs that hurt your finances
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
- The most vulnerable credit cards in your wallet
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal