Wet Auto Carpet
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I am taking in water on the passenger side on the floor. I thought it might be the heater core, but my mechanic said it was not. The water is not antifreeze. Any suggestions about what kind of repair shop I should go to?
If you are certain that it is not coming from the engine, then it is coming from a leaky body panel or glass. With someone in the car (with the carpets up) and someone outside the car with a garden hose watering the car, look for signs of water entry. If it is coming from a body seal, an auto body shop would be recommended. If it is coming from around a glass seal, I would recommend an auto glass shop.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- For more articles automobiles, check out The Dollar Stretcher Auto Section
- Before you buy or sell a vehicle, check out Edmunds.com
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them.
- Save on Auto Insurance. Fast, free quotes, online comparisons, and instant access to ID cards!
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Money-Saving Auto Tips" board today!
Also in Home
- Tricks to painting interior trim
- Affordable chimney care
- Do-it-yourself brick walkways
- The pros and cons of having a homeowners association
- 5 places to find free firewood
- Homemade detergent for HE washing machines
- 5 best budget decorating tips under $20
- How to make garden stones
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?