Wet Auto Carpet
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I am taking in water on the passenger side on the floor. I thought it might be the heater core, but my mechanic said it was not. The water is not antifreeze. Any suggestions about what kind of repair shop I should go to?
If you are certain that it is not coming from the engine, then it is coming from a leaky body panel or glass. With someone in the car (with the carpets up) and someone outside the car with a garden hose watering the car, look for signs of water entry. If it is coming from a body seal, an auto body shop would be recommended. If it is coming from around a glass seal, I would recommend an auto glass shop.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- For more money-saving auto articles, check out The Dollar Stretcher Auto Section.
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. Compare them now to find the best one for you.
- Are you getting the best auto insurance rate? See how much you could save with one click. Fast, free quotes, online comparisons, and instant access to ID cards!
- Before you buy or sell a vehicle, get all the facts. Edmunds.com will give you what you need to know to make a confident deal.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?