Frozen Van Doors
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My sliding van doors freeze up in cold weather. The locks open. However, the doors will not slide to open. Do you have any hints on how to prevent and treat this? I would appreciate any ideas.
It sounds like you have moisture (water) on your door seals that is freezing. You may want to try a thin coat of a clear grease to help stop that. If the door seals are completely saturated with moisture, then the next best thing would be to replace them.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?