Frozen Van Doors
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My sliding van doors freeze up in cold weather. The locks open. However, the doors will not slide to open. Do you have any hints on how to prevent and treat this? I would appreciate any ideas.
It sounds like you have moisture (water) on your door seals that is freezing. You may want to try a thin coat of a clear grease to help stop that. If the door seals are completely saturated with moisture, then the next best thing would be to replace them.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive maintenance section and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?