Frozen Van Doors
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My sliding van doors freeze up in cold weather. The locks open. However, the doors will not slide to open. Do you have any hints on how to prevent and treat this? I would appreciate any ideas.
It sounds like you have moisture (water) on your door seals that is freezing. You may want to try a thin coat of a clear grease to help stop that. If the door seals are completely saturated with moisture, then the next best thing would be to replace them.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.