Frozen Van Doors
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My sliding van doors freeze up in cold weather. The locks open. However, the doors will not slide to open. Do you have any hints on how to prevent and treat this? I would appreciate any ideas.
It sounds like you have moisture (water) on your door seals that is freezing. You may want to try a thin coat of a clear grease to help stop that. If the door seals are completely saturated with moisture, then the next best thing would be to replace them.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?