Frugal weight loss
What Have You Got to Lose?
by Marianne Giullian
My Story: Frugal, Simple Weight Loss
Reduce Your Waist, Not Your Wallet
How Much is Your Diet Costing You?
People spend so much money trying to lose weight. Instead of taking responsibility and making their own choices, they pay others to tell them what to do and what to eat. Losing weight is very simple: when you eat too many calories, you gain weight; when you eat less calories, you lose weight. Exercise makes weight loss quicker. There are some things that you can do by yourself to lose weight instead of paying others large amounts of money.
- Write down what you eat everyday. By recording what you eat, you can see what you are doing well and what you need to change. You may think twice about eating something if you have to write it down.
- Get a book that counts calories. Figure out how many calories you need in a day and stick to it. If you need to lose weight, eat 10 percent less calories than your body needs. Many foods contain the calorie information on the package they come in.
- Drink a lot of water. Water doesn't cost money, doesn't have calories and is good for you.
- Exercise. Start gradually if you have not exercised for a while. Check with your doctor before beginning an exercise program.
- Eat balanced meals. By writing down what you eat each day, you can see if your meals are balanced or not. Make changes as necessary.
- Eat smaller portions if you like to snack, so you can eat more frequently.
- Avoid all you can eat buffets. Limit eating out or eliminate it all together.
Losing weight is not a hard thing to do. All it takes is self-discipline, desire and basic math to get you where you want. You have to really want to succeed. With all the money you save by not eating as much or paying for an expensive diet plan, you can go buy new clothes for your new body!
Take the Next Step
- Decide whether you're committed to an exercise program, and, if so, what you hope to gain by it
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Discuss "Frugal fitness" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Trending on TDS
- How to make your printer ink cartridges last longer
- Share your skills and make some extra cash
- Budget freindly ways to look younger
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Stay in style on a budget
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Yard sale etiquette
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 6 travel scams to avoid on your next trip
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke