Blinking Door Ajar Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 1999 Honda Accord EX v6 coupe's door ajar light keeps blinking. It does it randomly, and as a result, the dome light keeps blinking, causing me to turn it off. It'll go away for a while and then come back again. As a result, I can't set my alarm because it will go off randomly. The doors are shut completely, and it even does it when I have the doors open sometimes. Is this a problem with the switch or the computer itself? What do I need to do to diagnose and fix it? Also, this mostly happens when it rains, but it has happened when it's dry too. If I leave it alone for a couple of hours, it goes away, but when I take it out for a drive, it happens again.
It sounds like a problem with the door switch or the associated wiring. Look there first for a short.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- For more money-saving auto articles, check out The Dollar Stretcher Auto Section.
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. Compare them now to find the best one for you.
- Are you getting the best auto insurance rate? See how much you could save with one click. Fast, free quotes, online comparisons, and instant access to ID cards!
- Before you buy or sell a vehicle, get all the facts. Edmunds.com will give you what you need to know to make a confident deal.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?