Blinking Door Ajar Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 1999 Honda Accord EX v6 coupe's door ajar light keeps blinking. It does it randomly, and as a result, the dome light keeps blinking, causing me to turn it off. It'll go away for a while and then come back again. As a result, I can't set my alarm because it will go off randomly. The doors are shut completely, and it even does it when I have the doors open sometimes. Is this a problem with the switch or the computer itself? What do I need to do to diagnose and fix it? Also, this mostly happens when it rains, but it has happened when it's dry too. If I leave it alone for a couple of hours, it goes away, but when I take it out for a drive, it happens again.
It sounds like a problem with the door switch or the associated wiring. Look there first for a short.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?