Radio Serial Number
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My mother bought a 2004 Honda Accord brand new. This past May, she had the car brought from Florida up to NYC by an auto mover. The guy who took the car from her down in Florida had an accident and needed a jumpstart. Well, my mom's car radio had an anti-theft device on the radio, which kicked in when the battery was removed.
She can not find the card that gives the serial number for the radio. You need the card to enter the 5-digit code to unlock the theft device on the radio. Is there a way to get the code without tearing up the dashboard and pulling the radio out to get the serial number from the back? Please help!
That information will not be found on the radio for obvious reasons. She might be able to get it from the Honda dealer, but that might not happen either. It may be easier to simply replace the radio if she can not find the card. Have her check in the booklet that has the owner's manual. The dealer usually puts that card in there somewhere.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 4 costly car maintenance mistakes to avoid
- 5 common ways you are killing your car
- 5 easy DIY car maintenance moves for fall
- Where can I check for complaints about car dealers before I shop?
- 7 smart steps to switching your car insurance
- How to choose new tires
- Avoiding the car payment trap
- Are you overpaying? Find a better auto insurance rate .
- Auto loan calculator
- Should you buy or lease you next car?
- Is a new car or used car best for your next purchase?
- Auto down payment calculator
- More helpful auto calculators