New Engine Overheats
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 95 Neon that I just changed the motor, and everything is new. However, I drive it about 20 to 30 miles down the road and it overheats. I took the thermostat out of the car and drove it, and it still overheated. I want to know what to do. Is it worth fixing or should I just get rid of it?
If the new engine is overheating, then I would bring it back under warranty. You either have a bad replacement engine, or you forgot to change something and everything is not new. Did you replace the water pump?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of operating your car
- Auto loan pre-payment penalties
- 10 tips for buying the right car in 2015
- 4 reasons gas prices will keep dropping
- 5 common ways you are killing your car
- 5 DIY tips to save money on auto-body repairs
- 7 smart steps to switching your car insurance
- 5 ways to avoid overpaying for car repairs
- Auto loan calculator
- Should you buy or lease you next car?
- Is a new car or used car best for your next purchase?
- Auto down payment calculator
- More helpful auto calculators