New Engine Overheats
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 95 Neon that I just changed the motor, and everything is new. However, I drive it about 20 to 30 miles down the road and it overheats. I took the thermostat out of the car and drove it, and it still overheated. I want to know what to do. Is it worth fixing or should I just get rid of it?
If the new engine is overheating, then I would bring it back under warranty. You either have a bad replacement engine, or you forgot to change something and everything is not new. Did you replace the water pump?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Auto
- 5 common ways you are killing your car
- 7 smart steps to switching your car insurance
- The true cost of not maintaining your car
- Should I buy out my car lease?
- 5 ways to avoid overpaying for car repairs
- Replace 5 car parts for better gas mileage