by Deborah Jeanne Sergeant
Bread Maker Mixes
How to Make Homemade Bread
Man may not live by bread alone, but with these tips, you may never toss another crust again!
- Save slices in the freezer until you get enough for making stuffing. It's great with chicken, pork and turkey.
- Crumb slices with a food processor, along with paprika, parmesan cheese, minced onion, salt and pepper. Top a casserole and broil until browned.
- Pop a slice in the cookie jar to revive hard cookies.
- Make slices into French toast by dipping in a 50/50 batter of egg and milk with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Tear up slices and feed the birds.
- Thickly butter slices and sprinkle with garlic powder. Toast in a 350-degree oven for Texas toast.
- Crumb slices for breading. Brush 10 chicken strips in buttermilk and dip into a mix of 1 cup of bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 1 tsp. dried cilantro. Bake on a greased rack in a baking pan for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Make croutons by cubing slices, tossing in canola oil and sprinkling with garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder to taste. Then baking at 300 degrees until crisp and dry.
Discuss "Recipes for sliced bread" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Food & Groceries
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- Easy ways to reduce your grocery bill Video
- Why you should use a pressure cooker
- Easy desserts from your pantry
- Saving on health foods
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- 10 grocery savings secrets from insiders
- 6 tips for frugal grocery shopping
- 3 ways to fight the coupon craze Video