Blinking Oil Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
How to Buy Tires
Auto Repairs for Less
I have problem with my car. When starting the car, the oil light did not turn off as normal and blinked when driving in low idle. I changed the oil pressure switch and cleaned the oil pane, but after I changed the switch, the oil light did turn off. After awhile, it started blinking when I turned on the car. Please let me know what could be wrong.
The first thing that I would do is actually verify the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. It is possible that the engine has low oil pressure and that is why the light is on. With just lights, it is hard to tell exactly what is wrong. Is it the light or the sensor, or is there actually low oil pressure?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 4 costly car maintenance mistakes to avoid
- 5 common ways you are killing your car
- 5 easy DIY car maintenance moves for fall
- 7 secret sales tactics car salesmen hope you don't know
- 7 smart steps to switching your car insurance
- 8 ways to save on auto insurance
- Homemade window de-icer
- Are you overpaying? Find a better auto insurance rate .
- Auto loan calculator
- Should you buy or lease you next car?
- Is a new car or used car best for your next purchase?
- Auto down payment calculator
- More helpful auto calculators