Blinking Oil Light
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
How to Buy Tires
Auto Repairs for Less
I have problem with my car. When starting the car, the oil light did not turn off as normal and blinked when driving in low idle. I changed the oil pressure switch and cleaned the oil pane, but after I changed the switch, the oil light did turn off. After awhile, it started blinking when I turned on the car. Please let me know what could be wrong.
The first thing that I would do is actually verify the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. It is possible that the engine has low oil pressure and that is why the light is on. With just lights, it is hard to tell exactly what is wrong. Is it the light or the sensor, or is there actually low oil pressure?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.