courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I drive a 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass. The temperature gauge goes higher and higher when I am idled in traffic at a light or traffic stop. I have never had many problems with this car since I bought it. What do you think is my problem?
If the temperature goes up while you are stopped and then goes back down when you start moving again, then I bet the cooling fan(s) are not turning on. There are two. One is for normal temperature, and one is for high temperature. One or both of them may be damaged or their control circuits may be damaged.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.