Affordable gift ideas for mom's special day
Marvelous Inexpensive Mother's Day Gifts
by Shaunna Privratsky
Creatively Simple, Inexpensive Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Fun, Frugal Father's Day Gift Ideas
DIY Gift Basket Ideas
She is the one who gave you life. She works hard for you every day of the year, mostly without complaint. She sacrifices most anything for your happiness and wellbeing. She's your Mom.
Her special day is coming up and you don't want to be caught short. Here are 21 inexpensive Mother's Day gifts to get you started.
- You light up my life - Give her a pretty candle in her favorite scent. Bonus points if it matches her decor.
- Bubbling with joy - How about a large bottle of bubble bath? Or make her some yourself? Nothing beats a relaxing soak after a hard day.
- M-m-m good - Bake a basket of muffins for the busy Mom who barely has time to cook.
- Reader's delight - Pick up the latest book by her favorite author. Or get an old favorite to replace her tattered copy with the grape juice stain from when you were playing football in the house.
- 12 gifts in one - Give her a year's subscription to her favorite magazine. This is a guilt-free treat every month of the year.
- Morning pleasures - Make a gift basket or container full of gourmet coffees or teas. Sit down and have an old-fashioned tea party together.
- Accessorize with attitude - Find a pretty scarf for spring to dress up any wardrobe. It will add a splash of color to basics or set of a spring dress. She could even wear it as a belt or tie it around her handbag.
- Shopping spree - Get her a gift card at her favorite store, or one that she normally wouldn't indulge in.
- Pictures say 1,000 words - Wrap up a nice frame with your picture or the grandkids'. She'll treasure it every time she looks at it.
- Her new favorite mug - Find a fancy or special teacup or mug at a second-hand store for unbelievable savings. Wash it up and it will be as good as new.
- Bouquet of flowers - You'll get bonus points if you pick them yourself.
- Tissue, anyone? - Give her a movie to watch together. Choose an old standby or the latest release she's been dying to see.
- Pamper her pretty - Present a gift certificate to a spa. They offer services and packages to fit almost any budget.
- What's cookin'? - Take her out to eat. She'll love that someone else is cooking and cleaning up.
- Pretty and practical - Give her a set of attractive, yet sturdy gardening gloves. It will keep her hands soft.
- Green thumb goodies - Put together some gardening tools, a soft kneeling pad, and maybe some seeds for the avid gardener.
- Sweet dreams - Buy her a fluffy new pillow with a fancy case. Slip a dryer sheet inside for sweetly scented dreams.
- The gift of time - Make a coupon to do the household chores for a week.
- Lazy luxury - What Mom could resist breakfast in bed? Let her sleep in as long as possible and then surprise her. Bonus points if you add a flower in a vase or a pretty napkin.
- That's the spot - Give her a coupon for a foot massage, whenever she chooses.
- Homemade from the heart - Make her a card with a personal message.
Save money on your favorite restaurants.
Buy $25 Certificates for $10!
Sometimes all a mother wants to hear is that her children appreciates her. A sincere "I love you, Mom" can mean more than any store bought gift. Whether you live near or far, don't forget to say those little words and make this the most marvelous Mother's Day ever.
Reviewed March 2017
Take the Next Step:
- Mom's special day is coming up and you don't want to be caught short. Choose one of the above 21 inexpensive gift ideas or come up with one on your own.
- Father's Day is coming up next month. Don't miss these frugal gift ideas for dad.
- It's tough raising kids today! You need every time and money saving idea you can find. That's why you'll want to get our free weekly Dollar Stretcher for Parents newsletter. You'll find great ideas designed just for parents that will help your family 'live better...for less'! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.