Ways to say 'you're special to me'
Affordable Romance During Tough Times
by Veronica Hunsucker
Don't Penny Pinch the Romance Out of Your Marriage
True Romance for Parents
Save Your Marriage Without Counseling
When financial worries are at the forefront of your thoughts, you may not be as conscientious about the romantic side of your relationship with your mate as you should be. It is important to keep the romance alive and to make your mate feel special even when times are tough.
It doesn't take a lot of money to make your mate feel special and to strengthen the bond between the two of you. It's also a pleasant diversion from daily stress. When two people are in love, it is the simple things that tug at the heart, touch the emotions and bring the most pleasure.
Even if money is tight and the budget has been trimmed more times than you care to count, you can still make that someone special feel just how special they are. Here's a list of free or almost free ways to romance your mate:
- Give them a hug, or lots of hugs.
- Kiss them often.
- Give them a massage.
- Snuggle up in their arms at night.
- Let them sleep late one morning, or more than one if possible.
- Wear their favorite perfume or aftershave.
- Make them laugh.
- Tuck a love note in a place where they will find it later in the day.
- Go on a walk together.
- Say "I love you" often.
- Enjoy a sunrise or sunset together.
- Surprise them by showing up at their office to take them to lunch and whisk them away for lunch outdoors if that's possible.
- Prepare a romantic dinner at home, complete with candles and soft music.
- Express your gratitude. Say "thank you."
- Take them on a date to a free concert, public garden, art exhibit, or some place they would enjoy.
The above list of ideas can get you half way through the next month and hopefully ignite your creativity so that you can think of other ways to keep that special spark alive. There's nothing wrong with repetition. Feel free to repeat the most pleasurable activities often!
Reviewed August 2017
Take the Next Step:
- Discover more romantic ways to say "I love you' for less by visiting the Dollar Stretcher Library.
- Don't let money fights hurt your relationship. Know how to have a successful money talk with your mate.
- Stop struggling to get ahead financially. Subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy of Are You Heading for Debt Trouble? A Simple Checklist And What You Can Do About It for FREE!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.