How to Easily Organize Your Bills
An Organized Life
(NAPS) - Disorganization costs Americans time and money and can even diminish a person's quality of life. For example, the National Association of Professional Organizers claims that Americans spend 55 minutes a day looking for things they know they own but can't find.
Take Control to Save Time and Money
The good news is there are simple steps that you can take to get organized now for the coming year (and the coming tax season) and take back your free time. Now that the IRS accepts electronic copies of receipts, it's permissible to convert paper and scanned files into PDF documents that you can submit with your tax forms. All you need is a focus on organization and the help of some affordable technology solutions, such as desktop scanners and document management software, to get started.
- Take stock of what you have and sort into "keep" and "toss" piles.
- Shred/recycle what you don't need. Be sure to shred documents with any personal or sensitive information. Check online for recommendations regarding which hard copy documents you should save and for how long.
- Sort your "keep" pile into appropriate stacks.
- Scan your documents. Take advantage of a desktop document management solution like PaperPort to organize those electronic files.
- Make organization a habit by scanning documents as they come in and shredding/recycling the waste.
Getting organized now and erasing those piles of paper can help to ease the stress of tax time next year. Having all of your documents scanned and filed electronically will make them easy to find and submit come tax time. And you'll also have peace of mind knowing that you now have a safe, secure electronic copy of your most important files.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Already have electronic copies of your documents but need them in PDF to submit with your taxes? Products such as PDF Converter Professional can help get your files converted to PDF in a snap. For more information, visit www.nuance.com/pdfconverter/professional.
Take the Next Step:
- Get organized now and erase those piles of paper. You'll be glad you did once tax season rolls around.
- Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Discuss "Decluttering my home" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Worst 6 products to buy in May if you want a bargain
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Cheap ways to update your wardrobe as you lose weight
- How to save on outdoor equipment
- Home remedies to sooth the sizzle of sunburn