Emailing for Coupons
by Vanessa Marie Primavera-Sybrandy
A lot of you may wonder if you can eat healthy on a budget. Since I have started using coupons and emailing companies, I have found that we eat much healthier!
This is a typical meal for us:
- Popeye Fresh or Fresh Express salad acquired through free or doubled coupons.
- Eggland's Best hard boiled eggs on the salad from a coupon for free eggs.
- Pilgrim's Pride Chicken Tenders, grilled, on top of the salad acquired through a free coupon.
- Ken's Dressing that was acquired by using a free coupon.
- Free Pepperidge Farm or Cole's Garlic Bread from using doubled coupons, high value coupons or free product coupons.
- Diet Ice Tea obtained for $0.36 using a Catalina from the Ragu deal that yielded me 31 jars for $7.
- Sargento's, Kraft, Heluva Good Cheese also on the salad that was obtained for free using coupons and Catalinas.
This can be you too for just a few minutes of your time each day! The first thing you should do is set a goal of how many companies you want to email a day. Five is a great goal for beginners. The next step is to make a list of what companies you want to email.
Writing companies is simple. The most important thing is to tell the truth. Don't make up complaints and beg for free stuff. Tell the company what you truly think of their products, and if you haven't tried it, tell them you haven't! I have received several free coupons for telling them that I am interested in trying their product and would like to know where to find it.
These are a few key factors to include when you write a letter to a company.
- State the name of the product
- If you have tried the product or would like to try the product
- Where you buy the product or ask for a location
- What you like about the product
- Insert something personal, like if you can't wait to share an item with your child.
- Include your postal address.
- Keep it short and to the point.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Vanessa Marie Primavera-Sybrandy is the blogger behind johnstownmoneysaving.blogspot.com. Along with entries about saving money, she's made a science of contacting companies and getting coupons in return. She has complied a list of over 700 companies and how they responded to her emails.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here