Calculate the Cost of Meat per Serving
Price-per-pound can be misleading because all cuts of meat will not yield the same number of servings per pound. This calculator will help you to calculate and compare the cost per serving of up to five different cuts of various types of meat (110 selections overall). You can also use this calculator to determine how many pounds of a selected meat to buy based on the number of servings you need.
Take the Next Step:
- To read more information about calculating the cost of meat, read My Story: Calculating Meat Cost Per Serving.
- The Dollar Stretcher readers answer the question: "Is Cheaper Ground Beef a Bargain?"
- Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day? Dollar Stretcher Tips readers think so. Subscribe and find out how many ideas stretch your day and your dollar!
- Visit our Pinterest board for Cutting the Grocery Bill.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 7 restaurant tricks you shouldn't fall for
- What's on sale in November
- 9 secrets to making groceries last longer
- Holiday smoothie ideas
- Homemade beef marinades
- Ways to reduce the cost of lunches at work
- 5 sneaky ways grocery stores take your money
- When store brands will work just fine
- Frugal ways to use your freezer