Calculate the Cost of Meat per Serving
Price-per-pound can be misleading because all cuts of meat will not yield the same number of servings per pound. This calculator will help you to calculate and compare the cost per serving of up to five different cuts of various types of meat (110 selections overall). You can also use this calculator to determine how many pounds of a selected meat to buy based on the number of servings you need.
Take the Next Step:
- To read more information about calculating the cost of meat, read My Story: Calculating Meat Cost Per Serving.
- The Dollar Stretcher readers answer the question: "Is Cheaper Ground Beef a Bargain?"
- Get more great time and money saving ideas in your inbox. Subscribe to Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter, a twice weekly look at how to stretch your day and your dollar!
- Visit our Pinterest board for Cutting the Grocery Bill.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor
Also in Food & Groceries
- Make your own baby food
- Homemade BBQ sauce recipes
- Crockpot® safety
- Edible landscaping
- Affordable fat-free foods
- Homemade ice cream cakes
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 10 grocery savings revealed
- 7 frugal ways to save money on groceries
- Savings challenge: Create a weekly dinner menu