Keep leather furniture beautiful and well maintained
Cleaning Leather Furniture
Budget Furniture Fix-Ups
Leather Upholstery Repair
Cleaning Leather Furniture
Any suggestions on cleaning leather furniture? My husband's chair has "oil/grease" marks from where his head rests. Any ideas would be great.
Thank you in advance,
Try Saddle Soap when Cleaning Leather Furniture
I've never tried this on a chair, but I would think that the "saddle soap" that I use for cleaning my leather saddle should work. You can buy it at any store that sells horse riding equipment. You just put a little on a damp sponge and rub the leather with it, using a clean, dry cloth to wipe off any excess. I'd suggest testing it first on a hidden area.
Visit Auto Parts Store
The leather cleaner from your auto parts store works great on indoor leather also! You'll pay $3 to $4 max.
She Uses Vinegar
I have leather furniture, and when that happens, I just spray it down with good old vinegar and rub it until it's clean. Then I might put some leather conditioner on it to restore it a little. I wouldn't recommend this on suede leather, though.
A Little Known Use
Try Murphy® Oil Soap. It says right on the bottle that you can use it on leather. Also, one of my house-cleaning customers told me to clean her leather furniture with just plain dish soap and water and then rinse. I would think that the big thing would be to use something gentle that doesn't leave any residue. Make sure not to leave it wet.
Take the Next Step:
- Visit our "Handy Household Tips" board today!
- To read more on this subject, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How we saved $34k in interest on our mortgage before closing
- Buying an insurance-friendly car
- Tips for painting a basement floor Readers' Solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?