Keep leather furniture beautiful and well maintained
Cleaning Leather Furniture
Budget Furniture Fix-Ups
Leather Upholstery Repair
Cleaning Leather Furniture
Any suggestions on cleaning leather furniture? My husband's chair has "oil/grease" marks from where his head rests. Any ideas would be great.
Thank you in advance,
Try Saddle Soap when Cleaning Leather Furniture
I've never tried this on a chair, but I would think that the "saddle soap" that I use for cleaning my leather saddle should work. You can buy it at any store that sells horse riding equipment. You just put a little on a damp sponge and rub the leather with it, using a clean, dry cloth to wipe off any excess. I'd suggest testing it first on a hidden area.
Visit Auto Parts Store
The leather cleaner from your auto parts store works great on indoor leather also! You'll pay $3 to $4 max.
She Uses Vinegar
I have leather furniture, and when that happens, I just spray it down with good old vinegar and rub it until it's clean. Then I might put some leather conditioner on it to restore it a little. I wouldn't recommend this on suede leather, though.
A Little Known Use
Try Murphy® Oil Soap. It says right on the bottle that you can use it on leather. Also, one of my house-cleaning customers told me to clean her leather furniture with just plain dish soap and water and then rinse. I would think that the big thing would be to use something gentle that doesn't leave any residue. Make sure not to leave it wet.
Take the Next Step:
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Handy Household Tips" board today!
- To read more on this subject, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?