Keep leather furniture beautiful and well maintained
Cleaning Leather Furniture
Budget Furniture Fix-Ups
Leather Upholstery Repair
Cleaning Leather Furniture
Any suggestions on cleaning leather furniture? My husband's chair has "oil/grease" marks from where his head rests. Any ideas would be great.
Thank you in advance,
Try Saddle Soap when Cleaning Leather Furniture
I've never tried this on a chair, but I would think that the "saddle soap" that I use for cleaning my leather saddle should work. You can buy it at any store that sells horse riding equipment. You just put a little on a damp sponge and rub the leather with it, using a clean, dry cloth to wipe off any excess. I'd suggest testing it first on a hidden area.
Visit Auto Parts Store
The leather cleaner from your auto parts store works great on indoor leather also! You'll pay $3 to $4 max.
She Uses Vinegar
I have leather furniture, and when that happens, I just spray it down with good old vinegar and rub it until it's clean. Then I might put some leather conditioner on it to restore it a little. I wouldn't recommend this on suede leather, though.
A Little Known Use
Try Murphy® Oil Soap. It says right on the bottle that you can use it on leather. Also, one of my house-cleaning customers told me to clean her leather furniture with just plain dish soap and water and then rinse. I would think that the big thing would be to use something gentle that doesn't leave any residue. Make sure not to leave it wet.
Take the Next Step:
- Subscribe to our weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter. Each issue of this free html newsletter features tips and articles to help you stretch your dollar and survive in this challenging economy.
- To read more on this subject or to add your own ideas, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?