Why pay more for hype when you can make affordable, natural homemade shampoo?
Affordable, Natural Homemade Shampoo
Affordable Natural Homemade Shampoo
Affordable Hair Conditioner
Stock Your Bathroom on the Cheap
Affordable Homemade Shampoo
I'd like a recipe for affordable homemade shampoo. Does anyone have a good recipe? Thanks!
Wash with Baking Soda
We use plain old baking soda mixed 50/50 with water. We have an old squirt bottle that we add the baking soda to, and then while in the shower, we fill the bottle with water, give it a shake and squirt it on our hair. It works great. Vinegar is also great; it will remove dandruff and make your hair shiny.
Rinse with White Vinegar
You can use plain baking soda, just plain soap, or a neutral skin cleanser as a homemade shampoo. White vinegar makes a cheap rinse. My scalp is sensitive, so I often use these when I run out of baby shampoo.
Better than the More Expensive Shampoos
My fiancee and I both use baking soda mixed with water as a homemade shampoo and apple cider vinegar as a conditioner (only necessary every couple of days). I have short, easy hair, so anything would work for me, but my fiancee says that this works better than mid-range regular shampoo for her.
Plain Soap Works Wonders
Wash your hair in the shower with a bar of plain soap, such as castile, lye, or olive oil-based soap. Rinse with a 1:10 vinegar/water solution and then wash out with plain water. Your hair will be squeaky clean and very soft and shiny. This really works!
Take the Next Step:
- To read more on making homemade shampoo, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Community.
- For more hair tips, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Library.
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Beauty on a Budget" board today!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- How to start a pet-sitting business
- How to sell your stuff on consignment Slideshow
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Grandma's secrets to super skin
- 8 fitness apps to aid your New Year's resolution
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 7 ways to haggle for the best bargain
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 6 ways to significantly boost your income