Keeping an organized life with three-ring binders
An Organized Life
by Qin Tang
10 Easy Ways to Get Organized
Organizing on the Cheap
I love three-ring binders. They are a lifesaver for me. I use them to keep an organized life. I also use them to help my kids keep an organized life.
I use three-ring binders and sheet protectors to keep related items together. For example:
- My published articles in newspapers or magazines
- All the appliance manuals
- Retirement and financial statements
For each of my two children, I gave them a three-ring binder with plastic sleeves when they were born. I have been building a portfolio for each of them.
Each binder contains important documents from the birth to present, such as birth certificate, graduation certificate, school report cards, test results, yearbooks, awards, letters from teachers, etc.
My son's first binder was full when he finished fifth grade at age 11. So when he started sixth grade last year, I gave him a new binder. The transition from elementary to middle school was the perfect time to start a new binder.
I have a few binders that contain all of their birthday or school pictures. Another binder contains all current information about their after school activities, practice and game schedules for sport. The binder keeps all papers in one place and is handy when I need to know quickly when and what about their activities.
When my kids grow up and leave home, each will have a portfolio to take with them. Their life will be summarized in a few binders, neatly and orderly.
Qin Tang is a librarian and writer (columnist, blogger). She has a passion for healthy, green, simple, frugal, mindful and soulful living. Visit her blog at www.areavoices.com/onmymind.
Take the Next Step:
- For more on keeping an organized life, please click here.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- How to make your printer ink cartridges last longer
- Share your skills and make some extra cash
- Budget freindly ways to look younger
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Stay in style on a budget
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Yard sale etiquette
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 6 travel scams to avoid on your next trip
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke